At the helm of any viable, healthy community is a vigorous economy. How do we maintain and grow ours? Developing and supporting local businesses should be one of the highest priorities for our local, elected officials. Having worked in commerce my entire career, I know what businesses need, and how our government can help.
· Businesses need less taxation, not more. To increase the tax burden on businesses is counter-productive, and I would be strongly opposed to any attempt.
· Businesses benefit from less regulation. Many rules are relics of the past, having little current application, and could be eliminated.
· Tax revenue should grow organically through the increase in business volume, a win-win for both business owners and the community.
· Free market principles should always drive the economy, without undue government intervention. Competition improves employee wages and reduces prices.
· Incentives for business development such as property subsidies and incremental tax rebates should be used wisely and judiciously, ensuring that any investment pays back as expected.
· Bonds should be used where feasible to fund public development, conserving tax revenues.
As a progressive leader, I will work to strengthen local businesses, and attract new ones. The stronger our commercial sector is, the more likely residents are to keep their hard-earned dollars in the valley, further strengthening our economy and generating more tax revenue.
Copyright © 2021 Ensignforcachecounty - All Rights Reserved.