Executive management has been my life’s work. The private sector has taught me many disciplines to more effectively serve the public interest. I have the passion and determination to lead Cache County through the challenges of the present into the opportunities of the future. I will be a faithful steward of, not only your tax dollars, but of your lifestyle, your safety, your freedoms and independent rights, and of your collective and individual voice.
- While Chairman of the Utah Automobile Dealers Association, I worked with communities throughout the state to foster economic development, and create jobs. I also formed the Good Wheels Charitable Foundation, to bring auto dealers together in serving their communities statewide.
- As an owner and general manager of the Christensen Automotive Group in Utah County, I worked with the Mayors, City Managers and City Councils of Provo, Orem and American Fork to develop 2 high-volume auto malls, bringing jobs and significant tax revenue increases.
- As Logan’s Toyota and Honda dealer, I weathered several economic downturns, following the principles of conservation, strict expense control, zero waste, and the careful management of all assets, no matter how small. We not only survived but thrived.
- During my 6 years as Chairman of the Utah Festival Opera, I worked with both Logan City and Cache County to strengthen and preserve this tremendous community asset. The performing arts in Cache County have been estimated to contribute over 30 million dollars annualy to the local economy.
- I have also served on several other business, industry, and non-profit boards, and have been active in a variety of community affairs.
As your next County Executive, I’ll bring a new set of eyes to scrutinize and improve county practices, ordinances, the functions of planning and zoning, public safety, public transportation and many other county responsibilities. I believe in complete transparency and full disclosure…they are the only way to build trust which is to me, the highest principle in governance. My disciplines of management include complete analysis, thorough vetting, the input of multiple, diverse opinions, clear communication, and no surprises.
In the end, its your voice that matters most. I will listen to you and then use my experience and best efforts to get it done. In my businesses, there were no excuses, only greater effort, and the search for better ways until we succeeded.